Now that your basketball brackets are all filled out and March Madness is in full swing what better way is there to watch all the fun basketball games than to enjoy them with some yummy food! If any of you are having guests over for a big game or just sitting around the house with your spouse and kids I’ve got a yummy taquito recipe that is perfect to snack on. It’s got chicken, cream cheese, and bacon. What more could you ask for? Well maybe some delicious avocado dipping sauce? Well this recipe has it all and you can either fry them up or enjoy a healthier version by baking them in the oven! (That’s what I prefer.)
Gather up all the ingredients. (I forgot to add the Monterrey jack cheese in the picture so you will need that too!)
Then mix the chicken (drained and rinsed), softened cream cheese, 1/2 the ranch dressing packet, bacon and Monterrey jack cheese all together in a bowl.
Next cut your tortillas with a round cutter into 3-inch circles
Then put your chicken mixture in the middle of the tortilla and roll up and secure with a toothpick
Next line a cooking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Place your mini taquitos on the baking sheet and spray with cooking spray and then sprinkle with sea salt. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until edges and tops are done. Let cool for a couple minutes then serve!
Here is the full recipe with the avocado dipping sauce too! (You may want to double the avocado dipping sauce. It goes quick at our house!)
- 1 3 oz package of real bacon pieces
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 2 cans 12.5 oz fully cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 packet of Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Flour tortillas cut into 3 inch circles
- Sea salt
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
- Avocado Dipping Sauce:
- 1 medium avocado, pitted peeled and cut up
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- dash garlic powder
- dash ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cover a large cooking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, chicken, bacon, cheese, and dry ranch mix and mix well.
- Cut each tortilla into 3 (3-inch) cirlces using a round cutter
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Roll up and secure with toothpicks
- Place on cooking sheet and spray with cooking spray then sprinkle with seasalt.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges and tops are golden brown.
- Serve with ranch or avocado sauce and enjoy!
- Avocado dipping sauce:
- Mash the avocado in a medium bowl with a fork
- Stir in greek yogurt, sour cream, milk, vinegar, salt, parlsey, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Serve with the taquitos for dipping!