Don’t forget to scroll down to enter to win an awesome vacation to Kissimmee, Florida!
It has been cold and snowy here in Utah! I’ve only spent seven or so winters here in my life, but I can safely say that this has been the snowiest of them all. As of this morning, we’ve had two straight days of sunshine, and I’m amazed. Almost every morning we’ve awoken to fresh wintery powder on the ground. Great for the ski resorts, but down in the valleys where all the people live it’s starting to get a little dreary.
It’s about this time of year that I take off to visit my family in sunny San Diego. Unfortunately, this year, they aren’t having the best weather either.
One place I’ve always wanted to visit is Florida. This year, might be a great year to plan an “Escape Cold” visit to Kissimmee, Florida!
Just outside Orlando, Kissimmee, Florida is the perfect place to Escape Cold while having the time of your life!
With Escape Cold on my mind I hit the Experience Kissimmee website to see just what Kissimmee, Florida has to offer. I was impressed! There is so much to do in Kissimmee, FL, that I never would have guessed.
Things to do in Kissimmee, Florida
- Start by getting a free vacation planning magazine for Kissimmee, Florida. If you’re anything like me this will help you better visualize what you want to do, and the options for accommodation and fun that are available.
- Book a hotel or Kissimmee vacation rental <–my personal favorite. If you’re going to be staying more than just a few days, I highly recommend booking a vacation rental rather than a hotel. A vacation rental will typically give you much more space, the privacy of multiple bedrooms, and a kitchen so that you don’t have to eat out at every meal.
- Plan which Orlando theme parks your family is going to visit: Kissimmee, Florida is just a very short drive some of the best theme parks in the nation. My boys keep begging to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Florida. After visiting Universal Studios Florida make sure to visit LEGOLAND Florida, SeaWorld, and Walt Disney World Resort (or just choose one or two…I’m not sure it is humanly possible to cram all of the Orlando theme parks into one vacation).
- Plan some outdoor adventures in Kissimmee, Florida! While theme parks are pretty amazing and certainly not lacking in fun, it can be really nice to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the crowds and get out into nature. Kissimmee, Florida is packed full of outdoor adventures for even the greatest of outdoor enthusiasts. Take an airboat tour and get an up close (but not too up-close) view of alligators, snakes, and birds! Take a tree-trek on Tarzan swings, nets, and ropes, and finish off with a zip-line through the trees.
- Take the kids to see Medieval Times! If your family has yet to experience the Medieval Times dinner and show you won’t be disappointed!
- Visit Historic Downtown Kissimmee. “While its start may have been rooted in cattle and citrus, this former shipping town is now better known for the boutique dining, one-off shops and lively nightlife scene that dot the city center along Main Street and Broadway.”
Convinced you need a Kissimmee Florida vacation yet? I am!
Enter the Experience Kissimmee #EscapeCold Sweepstakes!
Now through March 27th, 3 Lucky winners from the US and 3 Lucky winners from Canada will win!
- Round trip airfare for 4
- 4 tickets to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World
- 1 hour Air Boat ride
- 4 ride wristbands
- 5 Day car rental
- 4 tickets to La Nouba by Cirque de Soleil
- 4 tickets to Gatorland Orlando
- 4 ride wristbands for Fun Spot America Kissimmee
- 5 day/4 night stay at the Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Text SUNNY to “313131”
If you win, please send me warm thoughts! I’ll be freezing my buns off here in snowy Utah!
At least I have a gorgeous view from my backyard…