Disclosure: This post was written in conjunction with my participation in the Hormel Extended Family Blogger program. I received Hormel food products to try out. All content is my own.
Having grown up very near the Mexico border in San Diego, I was surrounded by Hispanic culture and food. Many of my friends were Mexican and I absolutely loved the bits of their culture they brought to my life.
One big perk to living so close to the border was the exposure I had to all the wonderful foods. Hispanic foods offer savory, spicy, and sweet flavors that tantalize the palate.
The other day as I was snacking on some tortilla chips I came across a recipe that piqued my taste buds.
So, in honor of National Hispanic Heritage month (September 15th- October 15th), here was the result…
And, I happened to have a bottle of Peloponnese Whole Sweet Peppers (Roasted Red Peppers) that Hormel sent me. I don’t usually keep these stocked in my pantry so I was so excited to find a recipe to use them in!
This was not only super quick to make, but it is relatively healthy for you too (as long as you don’t mind a bit of cream cheese). This Black Bean & Roasted Red Pepper dip is the perfect dip for parties, dinner parties, or just something to satisfy an evening snack craving.
Here is my adapted recipe (from the Mission Tortilla Chips bag).
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning OR Your own personal blend of Chili Powder, paprika, cumin, and garlic
- 1 Can (15 oz.) Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1/2 Jar Peleponnese Whole Sweet Peppers
- 1 Package (12 oz.) Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
- 1 to 2 Teaspoons Lime Juice
- *Optional: Fresh chopped tomatoes for garnish
- If you decide to combine your own spices, but aren't sure how much to add you can try: 1 TBSP Chili Powder, 1 tsp Paprika, 1 tsp Cumin, 1 tsp minced Garlic. Adjust for personal taste preference.
- Combine all the ingredients (minus the garnish) in a food processor (I used our Ninja blender), and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Great paired with tortilla chips or veggies!