Do you remember the Halloween door wreath I made back in October? Well I had so much fun with it that I wanted to try and make a Valentines Day wreath just like it! But this time instead of using burlap I found some really cute tulle on sale at Hobby Lobby so I bought a bunch of that to tie with instead! Plus this wreath ended up being cheaper and easier to make than the last one! I’m awesome, I know!
So this is all you need to get started:
- 8 or 10 inch Styrofoam wreath
- 3 different colors of tulle (I got a light pink, medium pink and a bright pink with glitter)
- ribbon to match
- tape measure
- glue gun
- Cut your wreath in half. I just took a kitchen steak knife and cut all the way around it so I had two wreaths. I gave my little sister the other one so we got two wreaths for the price of one!
- Using your tape measure cut your tulle into strips. I cut mine into 16″ strips but you can cut them shorter or longer depending on how big you want your wreath to be.
- Once you have all your strips cut lay them out into a pattern. I did light pink, medium pink, light pink, medium pink, glitter pink. Then I would start over again. I did less of the glitter pink so it didn’t overtake the wreath. But you can do whatever pattern you would like.
- Then tie them on! I just did a double knot but you can do what ever you like best. Fill the wreath and make it as puffy and fluffy as you want!
- Add embellishments! I just walked around the craft store Valentines Day aisle until I found a couple things I liked. I just hot glued them on and let them dry.
- Last I tied a ribbon around it to hang with and put it on my door!
There you have it! A pretty in pink wreath just in time for Valentines Day. My daughter loves it so much she keeps asking if she can have it. Maybe after Valentines Day I’ll let her hang it in her bedroom!