When my kids are sick I try to do everything I can to make them feel better. They have these giant pillows that their great grandma made them so we usually pull them out and lay them on the ground in front of the TV. I let them pick a show, and I usually bring them a drink and snack that they can have in case the want it. I try to do all that I can to make them comfortable. That’s why I always hate it when you have to bug them to take their temperature. It is so invasive!
We have the really old kind that you stick under their armpit and have to wait a full minute to get a reading. I swear that is always the longest minute trying to get them to sit still and not cry. And if by some miracle they’re asleep I hate to disturb them and chance waking them up.
When I heard of a non-contact thermometer I just about died! I didn’t even know they made such a thing! Well they do and VeraTemp has a Non-Contact Thermometer that you just hold up to your child’s head (2-3 inches from it) and press a button to get a reading. No bugging, moving, or wrestling a sick child! This is amazing!
The VeraTemp Non-Contact Thermometer is clinically proven to be as accurate as both ear and rectal thermometers. This state of the art medical device was developed with accuracy being it’s number one priority. Here is a list of things that I found interesting or helpful about the VeraTemp Non-Contact Thermometer
- No Cross Contamination. Since there is no contact it provides a safe and hygienic way to take a temperature.
- Gives readings in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- It is silent and accurate
- Easy and effortless to take your child’s temperature without even waking them.
- Just press the scan button and your done. You don’t have to hold it down or wait.
- Not only will it give you the reading but the screen will change colors. It is green if the temperature is normal (97.3-99.1 degrees), orange when it is slightly raised (99.3-100.2 degrees) and red when it is high (100.4 degrees and higher)
- It will store the last 32 readings so you can go back and check them.
- Automatically turns off to prolong the battery life.
- When you put new batteries in wait 10 minutes to do the first reading
- Wipe the forehead clear of hair and perspiration before taking a reading
- Allow 5 seconds between readings
Last week when my son wasn’t feeling very well we took his temperature with our old thermometer and then we took it with VeraTemp. We got the same reading on both. 99.3. But it was so much easier (on both me and my son!) to just point and click a button than to stick the thermometer under his arm and wait a minute. I am in love with this new no-contact idea!
And taking a body temperature is not all it can do. You can switch the mode from “body” to “surface” and get a reading of any surface you scan. Meaning you can check the temperature of your child’s bath water or formula so you don’t burn them! Also you can check room temperature by changing the mode to “room”. With that you can check the temperature of your babies nursery so they don’t get too cold at night or you can even check how warm your car may be on a hot summers day!
All I can say about VeraTemp is that it is amazing! I’ve only been using it for a couple weeks now with my sick 3 year old and also with my 8 month old teething baby but it has been working great and I don’t know how I didn’t know about this type of thermometer before now. I really think this is an amazing product and everyone should check it out. I feel like it is safe, convenient and overall healthy for everyone. And now that winter is approaching all those flu’s and colds will be everywhere so when you get a chance check out VeraTemp. You can also connect with them on fb and twitter.
VeraTemp can be purchased only at Amazon, Costco, Target, Walmart and in many retail locations. Check here for one near you. It retails for under $40.00 and right now you can download a $2 rebate on a Non-Contact Thermometer! Such a good deal on a thermometer with such versatility and convenience.
How would you like to win a VeraTemp Non-Contact Thermometer? One lucky Oh So Savvy Mom reader will get one of their own. Just enter below and good luck. Open to US only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was provided the above mentioned products by the company, at no cost to
myself in order for my honest opinions.