I love Summer! It is hands down my favorite season. Despite the morning sickness I’ve managed to have some great adventures already this summer. I’ve done a bit of traveling (my little sis got married in San Diego last weekend!), visited the beach, played tourist, taken my kids to the pool several times, and enjoyed having my older son home from school.
Summer is also a great time to eat great food. Between cookouts and picnics there are ample opportunities for savoring delicious food. Today is the 4th of July. When I was a kid that meant we’d all pack up in our huge van (there were 12 of us, ya know!) stop at Subway for some sandwiches to go and then stake out a good spot for our favorite 4th of July Parade.
Several years later and I still love a good Subway sandwich. To add to the deliciousness, Subway now offers fresh avocado! This summer Subway has put together a great list of “Top 5 Super Good Summertime Indulgences”!
1. Enjoy Tasty Foods – Whether it’s a sweet treat or sprucing up a favorite sandwich, a little flavor will go a long way! We suggest indulging with the Turkey & Bacon with Avocado – or adding avocado to your fave Subway sandwich. Bravo for Avocado! Or as we say, BRAVOCADO!
2. Spend Time Outdoors – Skip your Saturday chores and take a walk to the park or beach, go for a hike or bike along a trail – and pack a picnic with your favorite sandwiches!
3. Treat Yourself – Shake things up with an Avocado Smoothie! Combine 2 cups of milk, 1 large avocado, 2 tablespoons of honey and ice in a blender and blend until smooth. Yum!
4. Staycation – Why not make being in your hometown its own vacation? Take a day or a weekend and explore your city, visit new places or just see it through a new lens!
5. Movie Nights – This summer will be filled with movies! Why not consider catch a couple of movies and taking in a night of the big screen?
I’d have to add to the movie nights idea. Some communities offer “movies in the park” where a selection of (non-new-release) movies will be shown in a park. These are usually very inexpensive and are appropriate for the whole family.
What would you add to this list of Summertime Indulgences?
Subway is giving 1 Oh So Savvy Mom reader a $25 gift card to Subway restaurants!
enter in the rafflecopter form below
Disclosure: I was provided with a Subway gift card in exchange for my time in writing this post. The opinions expressed are entirely my own!