Today I’m excited to share with you a Holiday Gift Guide participant that truly realizes the meaning of Christmas. We celebrate Christmas to remember Christ’s mission on earth to save all men and give the gift of eternal life. In return he asked that we love Him and love and serve those around us. In the world we live in we have plenty of opportunity to serve those in need. World Vision Gifts realizes that there is a great need all around the world. Through their World Vision website they have made it so that you and I can make a simple donation that will help fight human trafficking, supply emergency aid, or educate those who otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity.
The World Vision Gift catalog offers more than 250 gifts online and in the print version ranging in price from $16 to $39,000. These gifts can be purchased in the name of a family member, teacher, co-worker or child, including many affordable items under $50. Gifts available include, but are not limited to:
- Goats ($75): One of the most popular gift items because its milk provides protein for children and the surplus can be sold. More than 20,000 goats were purchased last year.
- Feed a family in the US for a day ($16): Here in the United States, 1 in 5 children lives in poverty. Gift givers can help restore hope to families that have been struck by disaster, homelessness or job loss.
- A child’s education ($32): Supplying school fees, textbooks, paper and pencils will help a child reach their full potential.
- Beehive ($150): Beekeeping is a sustainable, year-round way to generate income and is a great source of nutritious, medicinal honey and beeswax.
- Traditional water well ($13,700): A well can provide more than 2,800 gallons of fresh water every day – enough for up to 300 people – for years to come.
The best part about these gifts is that they are self-sustainable. For example, goats given to communities in Africa are purchased in Africa. This allows transformational community development within the most poverty-stricken villages. The gifts can also sometimes double or even triple
In addition to their donation gifts they also have a selection of beautiful gifts that you can purchase for a loved one and will at the same time benefit those in need. The beauty of these items is the two-for-one benefit they provide: 1) a meaningful and affordable gift for a loved one; 2) proceeds that make a difference in the lives of children and families living in poverty in the U.S. and around the world.
With a financial contribution, the gift giver selects one of 36 items that can be given to someone on a holiday gift list and at the same time help a person in need.
I received the Artisan Multi-Colored Necklace to review.
With your gift of $100 or more to our Maximum Impact Fund — which provides for the unique needs of children and families worldwide — you will receive this artisan multi-colored necklace. Fight human trafficking through this beautiful semi-precious stone and glass bead necklace. Wear this unique, colorful strand long or short, as a bracelet or even a belt.
Approximate length of necklace is 48″ long. Each is unique – size and color may vary slightly.
This necklace is very beautiful, is one of a kind, and I’m sure that any woman would be so pleased to know that her gift also does something as important as fighting human trafficking.
Here are some of the other gifts you can choose from:
Purchasing your gifts from World Vision Gifts also has an added benefit for you. Your gifts from World Vision Gifts will be tax-deductible less the fair market value of the item you give!
You can browse World Vision’s selection of gifts here.
World Vision Gifts is giving one reader the same Artisan Multi-Colored Necklace I received to review!