This program was developed to:
- FIRST: Build a foundation of letters and sounds;
- SECOND: Get your reader blending sounds to create words;
- THIRD: Use both of these steps to begin reading books. . .AFTER JUST 8 LETTERS!!
Developed for early readers ranging from age 3 to 7, the eyeQ™ Phonics program uses visual, musical, motor, and analytical exercises to incorporate different learning techniques. These techniques ensure children are learning correct concepts through proper phonics instruction.
The multi-sensory learning approach that eyeQ™ Phonics teaches develops self-confidence at an early age, encouraging your child to WANT to read. This program creates a great bonding experience for the parent and child, which is a huge factor in a child’s success in reading.
Teaching children phonics with the eyeQ Phonics Program will:
- Create phonological awareness
- Teach basic phonics rules and basic phonics sounds through a variety of phonics activities including phonics worksheets for beginners and phonics games.
- Provide you with phonics lesson plans that are easy to follow.
- Instructional DVD
- Getting Started Cards
- Manual w/ Phonics Lesson Plans
- Student Phonics Activity Manual
- Alphabet Songs CD
- Blue Alphabet Letter Cards
- Pop-out Letter Pieces
- Alphabet Picture Flash Cards
- 3 Blue eyeQ™ Phonics Pre-Books
- 10 Blue eyeQ™ Phonics Readers (short vowel)
- 10 Red eyeQ™ Phonics Readers (long vowel)
- 10 Orange eyeQ™ Phonics Readers (short vowel)
So, how did all this measure up in my home when I received the eyeQ Phonics kit to try? Well, I have to admit that I’ve been singing the phonics alphabet song with Big Brother since he was a year old and have been singing it using flash cards since he was 2 years old. You can listen to the alphabet song at this link. So we had a little headstart. Big Brother could also already identify almost all the letters and tell me their corresponding sounds.
We do a letter lesson about 2x’s per week and read his current book 3-4 times a week. He passes off one to two books per week. At one month shy of 4 years old, Big Brother is reading sentences like, “Hal has a tan bat in the bag.” and “Mat taps Dad. Dad naps.”
The eyeQ Phonics approach is very step by step. Big Brother has passed off his short “a” sound books and is now reading the short “o” sound books. There are 4 books for each short vowel sound–enough to help a child master reading that particular letter sound before moving on–and 10 books for all the long vowels. As you read above, children begin reading the books after learning only 8 letters. That means that, not only is your child almost instantly reinforced by his or her accomplishment of reading, but that when he begins reading he will only have to remember a handful of letters!
Here is a little video of Big Brother reading one of his books.
Because of its step-by-step, multi-sensory approach of eyeQ phonics it is also great for children with autism. I (along with the children’s other therapists) have successfully taught two children with autism to read using the eyeQ Phonics program.
eyeQ phonics has issued a very generous discount code for 25% off the regular price of $199.99 (that’s $50 off!) bringing the price down to only $149.99! Use the code BLOGGER at checkout. Code will be valid until 7/1/11 . eyeQ very rarely issues discount codes (I know, I’ve searched for them in the past) so use this one while it is valid. When you think of how much you will save over sending your child to a preschool that teaches a program like this it puts the price into perspective.
4. Like eyeQ on facebook. Please leave your facebook name–first name & last initial (1 entry)
#Win an @eyeQsuccess Phonics reading set ($200 value!) from @Ohsosavvymom ! http://bit.ly/j775g7 Ends 6/15 #giveaway #homeschool
May be tweeted 1x per day for an additional entry each day.
6. Follow eyeQ on twitter. (1 entry)
7. Refer a friend to enter. In order for this to be a valid entry your friend must enter (make a comment) and let me know that you referred them. You must then come back and leave a comment stating that you referred that person. (2 entries per referral)
8. Put my Father’s Day Gift Guide or Summer Fun Guide button on your blog sidebar. Leave me the link. (2 entries each)
9. Blog about this giveaway. (5 entries)
10. Enter any of my other giveaways. (1 entry for each additional giveaway entered)
Giveaway is open to residents of US and Canada and will end 6/15/11 at 11:59 MST. Winner will be chosen via Random.org, will be notified by email, and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I was provided with the above product by the company, at no charge to myself, in order to facilitate a review. The opinions expressed are honest and are entirely my own.