is for anyone who dreams of dazzling guests with fabulous home-cooked fare, but fears that such a feat would require Thomas Keller’s talent, Martha Stewart’s ingenuity, Gandhi’s patience, and Charles Manson’s free time. The goal of The Lazy Gourmet is to conquer the misguided belief that preparing an elegant meal requires spending hours—or days—in the kitchen.
- At the beginning of the book the authors give you a list, complete with a description of each item, that you should always keep on hand. The authors frequently use the items on the list in their recipes as they will “turn the mundane into magical on a moment’s notice.”
- The authors include a section of tips for “Rookie Cooks” that include how to cook meat, sharpen knives, get the most from your leftover ingredients, and many more tips that made me say “aha!”
- The authors discourage the cook from feeling bound to the exact recipe, and in the recipes they include ideas for ingredient substitutions.
Here are the rules:
4. Visit Viva Editions and tell me another of there titles you think sounds like an interesting read. (1 entry)
#Win The Lazy Gourmet; Magnificent Meals Made Easy from @Ohsosavvymom ! http://bit.ly/gEwFjt Ends 5/2 @LowerHaightBK #giveaway #foodies
May be tweeted 1x per day for an additional entry each day.
6. Refer a friend to enter. In order for this to be a valid entry your friend must enter (make a comment) and let me know that you referred them. You must then come back and leave a comment stating that you referred that person. (2 entries per referral)
7. Put my Mother’s Day Gift Guide button on your blog sidebar OR blog about this giveaway Leave me the link. (3 entries)
8. Enter any of my other giveaways. (1 entry for each additional giveaway entered)
Giveaway is open to residents of US only and will end 5/2/11 at 11:59 MST. Winner will be chosen via Random.org, will be notified by email, and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I was provided with the above mentioned books by the publisher at no charge to myself in order to facilitate a review. The opinions expressed are honest and are entirely my own.