I know that some are going to think, “Really, is she serious? You’d really think moms would want diapers for Mother’s Day?” Well, you might be surprised by the sheer joy I experience many cloth diapering mamas experience upon receiving a cute, new diaper in the mail. It’s not as weird as it may seem. Cloth diapering mamas take great pride in showing off their cloth-bummed babies. So, if you’ve got a friend or loved one who’s slightly obsessed with cloth diapering, this may be the perfect Mother’s Day Gift for them.
I’ve been eyeing the Best Bottom diapers for quite a while now. I began cloth diapering with All in 3′s (we’ll technically they are hybrids, but I never used the disposable options, so we’ll just call them AI3), and I am still convinced that the are the most economical (next to prefolds, or making your own CDs) and convenient way to cloth diaper. I was not disappointed in Best Bottoms! They were so easy to use, so absorbent, and fit very well.
Best Bottom diapers are said to fit from birth to 35+ lbs. Little Brother is 14 months old and around 26 lbs and is on the last rise snap–meaning that it can get one size larger when I unsnap it all together. I’m a huge fan of snaps, but The Husband detests them (especially since no two of our snap dipes are the same brand, so he’s constantly having to figure out what snap setting the little guy is on). Little Brother has a history of being a terror during diaper changes so I decided to try a hook and loop (velcro) closure this time. We also only have solid colors in our stash so I decided to be adventerous. I got Moo-licious!
Here are some of the things I LOVED about Best Bottoms:
- The hook & loop tabs are very strong. I’m not at all concerned about these coming undone in the wash, and I think it is safe to say that they will last a long while before needing to be replaced. These are probably a safe option for toddlers who like to undo their diapers. A little person would need pretty strong fingers to get this dipe off.
- They are VERY absorbent.
- I haven’t had any leaks–not even a pee leak that one time when I left the dipe on for almost 4 hours…oops.
- Love the insert! Thirsty microfiber topped with soft stay-dry microfleece. (There is a hemp/cotton option too.)
- The fit was GREAT! When I first tried it on Little Brother I had all of the rise snaps undone because that is where he is at on most of his other dipes. Well, the diaper looked a little saggy. I snapped the rise up one and the fit was perfect.
- EXTREMELY economical. I reuse the cover until it is soiled or until wash time. I get an average of 4-5 uses out of the cover before I wash it.
- Made in the USA!
|It’s actually nice and trim in the front.|
|Cute little tush!|
|I seem to have caught him mid-cough.|
Here is the only thing I would change about the diaper:
- I don’t like how high the insert comes up in the back. The insert snaps in so you really can’t move it down at all. You have to make sure that the insert is tucked into the back of the diaper after you put it on or there is a possibility of leaking. Tucking in the insert is not a big deal for me, but the fact that the insert comes up so high makes Little Brother’s “waist” bigger, meaning he has only 2 pair of pants that will fit him while he is wearing his Best Bottom diaper. About a half to 3/4 inch shorter in the back would be perfect.
Despite that one thing I totally love our Best Bottom diaper!
You can buy Best Bottom diapers at any of these retailers. Shells (covers) typically cost $16.95 and the stay-dry inserts are $3.95.
Disclosure: I was provided with the above mentioned product by the company, at no charge to myself, in order to facilitate a review. The opinions expressed are honest and are entirely my own.